Introduction: The Site is operated by Windhoek Lager, Windhoek Draught, Windhoek Light and Windhoek non-alcoholic, BRANDS OF NAMIBIA BREWERIES LTD. All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘company’ within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to NAMIBIA BREWERIES LTD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or associates, as appropriate. We endeavor to protect your personal privacy. We provide this Privacy Statement to help you to understand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement and agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not provide your personal details to us. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set out below. We may need to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We recommend that you regularly check this page to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
Date last revised: 25 September 2020
- Legal purchase age: You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to drink alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the site. We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal drinking age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal drinking age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal drinking age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
- You can use the majority of our Website without being required to provide any Personal Data to us. For certain services or activities you will need to provide Personal Data for us to be able to provide you the requested service or product or for you to participate in the activity. Requested information on the Website marked with an asterisk is mandatory. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver the service or product to you or you cannot participate in the activity. In addition to information you are required to provide to us in order to participate in activities/campaigns, we collect certain information when you visit our Website.
What is personal information? Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
- Collecting personal information It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties. In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
- By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Site Analytics – We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- Use of personal information – We may use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways: Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies, and any of their related businesses. Marketing analysis. We may use your personal information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
- Disclosure of personal information – We value your personal information and only share it with third parties that provide it with adequate protection. From time to time we may disclose personal information to: third parties to whom you have provided your consent; our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; credit card and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business), provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, to provide services to us, or as otherwise required by law; third parties who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as your authorized or appointed legal agent; or carefully selected third parties, including our affiliates, to send you third party marketing and promotional information that may be of interest. In such circumstances these organizations may be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on the use of your personal information.
- You may choose to share information on our Website via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. This means that the information you share, with name and preferences, shall be visible to visitors of your personal pages. We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies of the social media parties as these are applicable to the processing of your Personal Data by these parties.
- Security We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, we have no control over the privacy of any communications while it is in transit to us. We therefore recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information in any such communications. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development.
- Portfolio permissions If you have given permission to receive communications about Namibia Breweries Limited brands generally (for example, by opting to receive news and special offers by email about Namibia Breweries Limited’s other great brands), you may from time to time receive communications about brands to which you have not opted in specifically. Information about many of Namibia Breweries Limited’s brands can be found at www.nambrew.com We occasionally may send you communications about brands not featured on www.nambrew.com (e.g., new brands). We recommend that you refer to www.nambrew.com from time to time as the list of featured brands will be updated periodically. Providing general permission for us to communicate with you about our brands does not mean that you will receive communications about all of Namibia Breweries Limited’s brands. We will only communicate with you about those brands that we think may be of particular interest to you. Any such communications will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from the brand in question and/or from all communications about Namibia Breweries Limited’s brands. If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact: The Digital Marketing Manager, Ohlthaver & List Group of Companies, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interfaces with Third-Party Websites The site may contain links, references, and content from other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have limited or no control over these websites and our Privacy Statement does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of any linked, referenced, or interfacing websites you enter. This Privacy Statement will be supplemented by additional legal requirements in jurisdictions where we conduct business as required. Nothing in this Privacy Statement or otherwise will create, or add to, any right or claim (whether legal, equitable, or otherwise) that any individual or person may have at law or otherwise against the company or any third party, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives (collectively the “Ohlthaver & List Group”), nor will the existence of this Privacy Statement or its application impose or add to any obligations upon or create any liability for the Ohlthaver & List Group that it does not already otherwise have under law.
© 2020. Namibia Breweries Limited. Iscor Street, Northern Industrial, Windhoek. P.O. Box 206, Windhoek, Namibia (registered in Namibia with Reg No: 2/1920). All rights reserved. Dated 25 September 2020.